Fundraising Project

I wanna be a good socially 'sponsible kitty so I camed up with a project to raise money for Alley Cat Allies. It is going to be an ongoing project but I need many helps! The good news is, everyone can participates and they don't have to have any moneys! The moneys is going to come from advertisings. Also...the best participants are going to get my special medal!!!


As many of you knows, I sometimes review kitty products on my website because since usually our parent beans do their shopping FOR us, I would rather parent beans read the kitty opinion on stuff rather than the adult opinions!!! However, parent beans don't always want to take the time to read about a lot of reviews. Maybe they just want to go to the stores and buy the thing, we don't know since we don't go to the stores with them. Also, a lot of beans shop online. My beans don't let me shop online with their credit cards, if they did I would of course buy my own stuff. So I have to be patient with my beans. Many of you knows what I am talking about...


So I am going to create a series of Buying Guides to Kitty Stuff. They are going to be linked off my main bloggy and also off my reviews bloggy. Here is where I needs your helps... so far, I could not find any buying guides that is written by kittehs. Of course how can you trust buying guides written by beans?? They don't know the first thing about, for example, how the catnip toy feels in my mouth or whether my paws hurty from scratching on a scratchy post versus another post. There is no buying guide that 'splains the best position to lay on in a kitty bed. Beans don't think about things like that!!! That is why we need a kitty point of views.


So here's how its gonna work. Every two weeks I will post a topic on my site. The first topic is going to be Kitty Brushes. Then, you kitties can answer some of my questions or make up your own questions about, some kitty brushes you used, which you liked, which you didn't liked, and of course with photographs if you want to. You will then email me your responses to:


kittybloggy AT gmail.com


If you are lazy to email, you can leaves me a comment on the posting but then I don't thinks you can leave photos.


Then I will compiles a Buying Guide using the ideas of all the kittehs, and of course I will cite which kitteh said what if you want me to (especially for picshurs) so send me along with the informations which link you wants me to cite. (Unless you just says, My favorite product is X and then I will just count the number of kittehs who likes that guy.)


After I writes the buying guide, I will post ads corresponding to the products on there, that will makes moneys (so far I use adsense but I might have to figures out something betters.) The ads can be just something like the link to Amazon to buy the product.


FINALLY, everyone who participates can put up a kitty bloggy official reviewer badge on their page (you can see it on the top of my bloggy). Even if you only participates once or sometimes. Also - after we have raised $100 (that is my goal for right nows), I will check which blogger has always maked a review. From those bloggers I will check which posted a picshur with each review. Then I will make up a poll with the names of the kittehs and everyone on cat blogosphere (or anyone who visits my site) can vote for the best one. And that kitteh will get the special kitty bloggy 2 paws up charity reviewer medal!!! I didn't get my mamaw to make one yet but she will make it and it will look really cools.


Gen'ral Guidelines:


1. Give it a rating - no paws up, 1 paw up, or 2 paws up (of course 2 paws up is the best, no paws is the worst.) If it is super bad - you can give it "hide your paws" rating.

2. You can review as many products as you want but they has to be in the category or related to the category

3. You can send picshurs - we likes them

4. You can email your review with picshurs to kittybloggy AT gmail.com or you can leave a comment

5. Don't review if you don't want your comments to appears on my buying guide (don't worry I will cite everyone!)

6. You can also say where you got it and how much it costed


Specific Guidelines:


The topic is: KITTY BRUSHES/COMBS

You can answer any/all/or other of these questions, they are just ideas.

1. What kind of hairs do you have, long, short, curly, etc?

2. What is your favorite kitty brush? Did you have any brushes before this one and you knows this one is better?

3. Do you have a kitty brush but you hates it?

4. Are there some kitty brushes that you like the feel against your skin better than others?
5. Do you get a lot of hairs everywhere, like shedding and which brushes helps the bestest?

6. About the kitty brush you discussed, give some informations like what kinds of bristles it has or what kinds of size, shape etc, OR give a photo!! Or just give the name brand of it if you haves one and I will look up photos of them

7. Do you have any funny picshurs of you being brushed, or running away from the brush???

8. Do you have advices for other kitties on hair brushes?

9. Does the brush looks cools?

10. What does it do best? and Worst??


You haves 2 weeks to do it.


Also, if you have ideas for the NEXT buying guide, put that in the email too.


14 comments:

  1. Cara said...

    Cute kitty :-)

    Hello there,

    there's a new update on the stalker situation. Please have a look.

    http://carahurley.blogspot.com/2008/03/catch-spay_31.html  

  2. The Cat Realm said...

    This is great!!! We are great supporters of Alley Cat Allies - we have the link in our sidebar!
    We will have to come back tomorrow and re-read your post - it's too late right now - my paws are falling asleep, hahahahahahahah!
    We'll help!
    Karl  

  3. Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

    Good luck with your project! That sounds like a great idea.

    Unfortunately, we don't use brushes, since we have no fur. Maybe we'll be able to help with a future topic.  

  4. Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

    Hi Veronica! We don't have whiskers either. :) We don't need them - we get along just fine without them, despite silly humans thinking cats need whiskers to navigate in the dark.  

  5. Tybalt said...

    What a great idea, Veronica!

    We have the standard el-cheapo brush at home, but I will be more than glad to review it for you! I'll get to working on that. Purrs!  

  6. PB 'n J said...

    This is a super idea Veronica! We'll do a review for you right away!  

  7. neverfull said...

    veronica, you are so smart and industrious. i have the bamboo cat slicker/bristle brush & combs (4 in 1 grooming set). i'll work on that review for you :)

    my uncle frank will be taking care of me while momma's in tahoe. he's kinda mad at me b/c i peed in his bed, but i haven't done it in a long time!

    hello  

  8. Daisy said...

    What a good idea! Veronica, you are such a good and socially responsible kitty.  

  9. PB 'n J said...

    Sorry to be so confusing Veronica! We're playing an April Fools joke - our post is over on Camies' Kitties. You should play, it's fun to try and find everyone!  

  10. Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

    This is indeed a great idea! I have a few widget on my bloggie which offer pet related products. You should stop by and see if any of them may be useful to you. Widgetbucks may work...  

  11. Samantha & Mom said...

    Veronica, we have ours ready to fill out the questionaire on your blog and some pictures. We'll get it to you today!
    Your FL furiends,  

  12. The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

    1. What kind of hairs do you have, long, short, curly, etc?
    Seaborne: Long
    Sam: Long
    Summer, Spats & Sassy: Short

    2. What is your favorite kitty brush? Did you have any brushes before this one and you knows this one is better?
    THE FURMINATOR...without a doubt

    3. Do you have a kitty brush but you hates it?
    any other brush but the Furminator

    4. Are there some kitty brushes that you like the feel against your skin better than others?
    see above
    5. Do you get a lot of hairs everywhere, like shedding and which brushes helps the bestest?

    see above
    6. About the kitty brush you discussed, give some informations like what kinds of bristles it has or what kinds of size, shape etc, OR give a photo!! Or just give the name brand of it if you haves one and I will look up photos of them
    http://www.furminator.com/

    7. Do you have any funny picshurs of you being brushed, or running away from the brush???

    oh yes!!
    8. Do you have advices for other kitties on hair brushes?
    Get a furminator

    9. Does the brush looks cools?

    Yep
    10. What does it do best? and Worst??
    Everything best!!!

    WE ARE SO SORRY THAT WE DIDN'T GET TO ANSWER THIS EARLIER. We read about it on the cat blog. Mommy belongs to Alley Cat Allies.  

  13. Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

    Hi Veronica,
    We didn't answer because we've never found a brush we could stand. So we really don't have an opinion on any of them. Once you have a part we know anything about, we'll be glad to review!
    Purrrrrrrs,
    the Hotties  

  14. Leslie said...

    Pyewacket is a siamese with very short hair.
    Trixie is a tuxedo cat with lots of floof.
    Tigger is a tortoishell with ordinary hair that matts up on her back in summer.

    We have a blue Zoom Groom. Only Pyewacket likes it and she can't get Zoomed much or she would go bald. It's brilliant for getting the matts and floof off.  


 

Blogger Template by Adam Every | Use it. But don't abuse it. (Modification by Veronica, 2008)